Will You Be Excited about New Leagues and Events in PoE

Every time there's a new batch of unique items that come out, my first thought is how I could make some of these items shine enough to become a build of their own. This many hours in, I've played everything that was of interest to me. However, these past few leagues I've slowed down. Not out of boredom, but there just wasn't that "little something" to keep me interested.

path of exile

Originally I thought it was just me being burnt out, but I realized it was the fact that it didn't really matter what I picked anymore. If I wanted to clear T15 maps, I could slap on any skill or spell, use incredibly generic items, get an arbitrarily "ok" amount of EHP and I'd be golden. I work in game design and I've considered things like the fact that the game was essentially "solved". Things like PoB would exacerbate that fact. But if you look a little deeper, it's all a blurr. Regardless of the skill you use, you hardly ever get to truly interact with monster mechanics. Unless you're absolutely swarmed in Legacy or Flashback leagues, how often can you say you've seen monsters animate an attack completely? How about two attacks? That doesn't really seem right to me. It means I can use Elemental Focus on spells that should normally be made stronger by the status effect their provide. I can do that because the monsters die instantly. Why shock them? Why Freeze them? A 50% more multiplier removes the illusion of choice.

The game is homogenized by the fact that numbers are just too high. Outside of T16 bosses, uber atziri/lab/Elder, Shaper/Elder and high tier Elder Guardians, the only challenge the game provides are on-kill effects; Bleed, bears, volatile, DD and a few occasional RNG setups. If map monster HP was SIGNIFICANTLY buffed, we'd be forced to properly interact with monster AI.

I used to pride myself in knowing that I was making original builds. That I was bringing something different to the table and sometimes even affecting the meta, if even slightly. There used to be a time where completing Atziri was a big deal. But now it doesn't matter.

It's all numbers. More multipliers. Damage effectiveness. Base damage of the skill and/or how it behaves mechanically. I'm ok with certain skills performing better at bosses, but I'm less ok with all skills performing exactly the same while mapping (except in terms of mechanical behavior that then simply makes skill X stronger than skill Y because it's the same thing but you can clear the map faster with it. U4GM.com as one of the most professional online store which glad to share more PoE News and cheap poe buy currency with instant delivery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

General Game and Character Tips to Help You In Fallout 76

How To Get Fortnite's Boogie Down Emote For Free

Path of Exile - Does Bisco's Affect the Map?